Important Notice - The last day of school has changed. Per board approval, the last day of school on the district calendar for elementary schools will now be Thursday, June 5. It is a designated minimum day. Wednesday, June 4 will be a regular school day.
If you would like information about the elective classes, Leadership and/or Renaissance, being offered at Canyon Hills next school year, please attend a Mandatory Meeting at the Canyon Hills Junior High School Media Center on Thursday, April 24, 2014 from 3:30 - 4:15 p.m.
For a copy of the flyer sent home, please click on the link below -
- This is an exciting time for everyone at Rolling Ridge. Thousands of school across California are participating in a field test of a modern assessment designed to help shape teaching and learning in the classroom. Known as the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress - or CAASPP - these computer-based tests replace the STAR program.
- These tests are aligned to the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for English and math. Part of the goal of the field test this year is to determine how well individual questions allow students to demonstrate what they know and still need to learn. It is also an opportunity to see how well technical capabilities meet the demands of computer-based assessments and to see what resources our teachers and school may yet need.
- Finally and importantly, this year also gives your student an opportunity to try out the new system without consequences. All of this combined means that the state will not be capturing scores this year. Instead, they will use what was learned from this field test to help ensure a successful full launch of the system in the 2014-15 school year.
- The field test window for Smarter Balanced (SBAC) testing at Rolling Ridge will be April 21 - May 7.
- If you would like to see a copy of our testing schedule please click on the link below:
- Questions and answers about AB 484 and changes to the California State assessment system are available at:http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/ab484qu.asp
- For the latest information about the new generation of English-language arts and mathematics assessments, as well as other developments related to the new Smarter Balanced assessments, please go to http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/smarterbalanced.asp
- Take Practice Tests from Smarter Balanced by clicking the icon below:
- Click on the "Sign In" button
- Select grade level & click on "yes"
- Select your Practice Test choice: "Math Practice Test, ELA Practice Test, Math Performance Task or ELA Performance Task
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Select"
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Yes, Start My Test"
Dear Rolling Ridge Family,
As I write this letter, I am both saddened and excited that as of March 24, 2014, I will be leaving all of you here at Rolling Ridge Elementary and beginning my new assignment as Director of Human Resources for the Chino Valley Unified School District.
My departure is difficult and the sadness will remain with me long after my last day because Rolling Ridge has been my home for the past 18 years where I have served you as a teacher, as assistant principal, and culminating as your principal. While I look forward to the exciting new opportunity to serve our district in a new capacity, I am reflecting on the lasting memories and experiences I have had with students, staff, and families, all of which I will cherish in my heavy heart.
Our Assistant Principal, Dr. Michael Titus, will continue to assist and ensure a smooth transition for the remainder of the school year with a new principal to be appointed in the near future. I have no doubt that Rolling Ridge students are in good hands because the staff is an amazing team of professionals deeply committed to their craft who go above and beyond the call of duty.
Again, I thank you for this transformational journey of 18 years where I had the opportunity to serve you, your children, our staff, and this outstanding school community. I am especially proud of our students and look forward to hearing incredible news about their accomplishments as they continue their educational path at Rolling Ridge Elementary and beyond. You have all touched my life, and I am privileged to have been a part of yours!
Allow 30 minutes to complete Registration packets in the office. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2014, to be eligible to begin school in the Fall.
You will need to bring with you:
Original Birth Certificate, Original Immunization Records, Proof of Residency (TWO utility bills, gas AND electric)
Immunizations required before school begins in August:
Polio - 4 doses
DTP - 5 doses
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - 2 doses
Hepatitis B - 3 doses
Varicella (Chickenpox) - 1 dose, or proof of disease history documented by a health care provider.
Grades 1-6 Registration: March 12, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
You will need to bring with you:
Original Birth Certificate, Original Immunization Records, Proof of Residency (TWO utility bills, gas AND electric). Please bring a copy of the most current report card.
Your child’s safety is our number one priority! Please help us keep you and your child safe by making sure you always use the cross walk when attempting to cross the street, Calle San Marcos, in front of our school. We know it is very difficult to enter and exit our parking lot at peak times and pedestrians who cross in the middle of traffic not only add to the congestion but also create a hazardous situation for us all. Thank you for your continued support!
Continue to save your Box Tops for Education and bring them to the school office. Rolling Ridge receives ten cents for every box top redeemed.