Important Notice - The last day of school will be changing. Pending board approval, the last day of school on the district calendar for elementary schools will be Thursday, June 5th.
Rolling Ridge is pleased to announce the 2014 Read-A-Thon. This fundraiser runs from March 3rd - March 7th and will raise much-needed money for our school and classroom libraries, as well as other needs. Our sponsor and partner for this event is the Citizens for Kids Educational Foundation.
During the week of the Read-A-Thon, your child should:
- Read as many books as possible. Reading should be monitored; students must read materials at their appropriate reading levels.
- Collect pledges for each page he or she reads. Pledge envelopes will be provided. The school has suggested a pledge amount of 3 cents per page, but any amount is fine. Donors may pledge a flat amount, regardless of the number of pages read. Students should only obtain pledges from relatives, friends and neighbors, not from strangers or people they do not know.
- All pledge money must be turned in by Friday, March 14, 2014. Checks should be made payable to Citizens for Kids.
- The student who raises the most money will receive a choice of four tickets to Knott's Berry Farm, a $100 gift card to a local bookstore, or a Kindle.
- The class with the highest number of pages read will receive a pizza party - 2 per school.
- Every child who participates will receive a gift.
- The Foundation will award a trophy to the school that reads the most pages per enrollment in the district. This trophy is passed to the winning school each year.
- Questions and answers about AB 484 and changes to the California State assessment system are available at:http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/ab484qu.asp
- For the latest information about the new generation of English-language arts and mathematics assessments, as well as other developments related to the new Smarter Balanced assessments, please go to http://www.cde.ca.gov/ta/tg/sa/smarterbalanced.asp
- Take Practice Tests from Smarter Balanced by clicking the icon below:
- Click on the "Sign In" button
- Select grade level & click on "yes"
- Select your Practice Test choice: "Math Practice Test, ELA Practice Test, Math Performance Task or ELA Performance Task
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Select"
- Scroll down to the bottom and click "Yes, Start My Test"
Yearbooks can be ordered for $25.00 from now until March 28th (price will be $30.00 after the deadline). You can also surprise your student with a personalized dedication in his or her yearbooks for an additional $6.00. One digital picture may be submitted per dedication. Dedications must be ordered by February 14th.
Please use a Rolling Ridge Yearbooks Order From to purchase your yearbook and/or indicate what you'd like your special dedication message to say to your child. Forms are available in the front office.
Your award winning Rolling Ridge yearbook committee is printing the 2013-2014 in full COLOR and will include student portraits, school activities, classroom life, assemblies, spirit days and so much more! It's a fun keepsake to cherish and share your 2013-14 memories!
Allow 30 minutes to complete Registration packets in the office. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2014, to be eligible to begin school in the Fall.
You will need to bring with you:
Original Birth Certificate, Original Immunization Records, Proof of Residency (TWO utility bills, gas AND electric)
Immunizations required before school begins in August:
Polio - 4 doses
DTP - 5 doses
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) - 2 doses
Hepatitis B - 3 doses
Varicella (Chickenpox) - 1 dose, or proof of disease history documented by a health care provider.
Grades 1-6 Registration: March 12, 2014, 9:00 a.m.
You will need to bring with you:
Original Birth Certificate, Original Immunization Records, Proof of Residency (TWO utility bills, gas AND electric). Please bring a copy of the most current report card.
Your child’s safety is our number one priority! Please help us keep you and your child safe by making sure you always use the cross walk when attempting to cross the street, Calle San Marcos, in front of our school. We know it is very difficult to enter and exit our parking lot at peak times and pedestrians who cross in the middle of traffic not only add to the congestion but also create a hazardous situation for us all. Thank you for your continued support!
Continue to save your Box Tops for Education and bring them to the school office. Rolling Ridge receives ten cents for every box top redeemed.